Do you ever wonder why there are so many Charity Shops on the High Street.

There has been a 30 percent rise in the number of high street charity shops in the last five years, do you ever wonder why ?, could it have something to do with the fact that full business rates are liable on empty commercial properties that remain unoccupied for three months or more, including lower value properties such as small shops, however, charities occupying a commercial property qualify for a mandatory 80% discount on business rates, local authorities also have the discretion to grant the remaining 20% as a further discount.

Charities are now being approached by retailers and landlords to enter into tenancy agreements that would relieve the landlords of their requirement to pay full business rates, equally, some charities are actively marketing their willingness to enter into tenancy agreements with commercial landlords, this is advantageous for charities and provide good opportunities for them to also lease commercial properties for low or nominal rents, sometimes so low it would be called a peppercorn rent, they may even receive charitable donations from landlords that reflect the percentage of the business rates that they would otherwise be liable for.

They also acquire their stock free of charge and have staff who mostly work for free, they also benefit from being exempt from corporation tax and have zero rated V.A.T on the sale of donated goods, unlike non-charitable businesses who have to pay for their stock, pay their staff, pay tax and full rent on their retail premises along with paying full business rates and most also have to add V.A.T on all their sales, the government claims that local businesses and small employers are the backbone of our country whilst all along they sit by and watch local businesses, small employers and local high street shops close down on a daily basis, so now you know why there are so many charity shops on your local high street. by Mark Parry

Above information was obtained from the Government Charity Commission Website: The regulator for charities in England and Wales

Bridgend House Clearance Company

Bridgend Charity Shops

We are fully insured through Simply Business and are an Environment Agency Licensed Waste Carrier, we are also a member of the UK House Clearance Association, the first association of its kind set up to promote excellence & customer satisfaction within the UK house clearance industry.

Dear Mark: 

It has been a few months since you conducted the clearing on my deceased parents' property in Margam, but hopefully it's not too long ago to thank you belatedly for your services.   You made such a strong and favourable impression on both Dan and myself, and we can't thank you enough for your integrity, your courteous demeanour, and your abability to make us feel comfortable in what should have been an emotionally difficult process.  

I wish you great success in your future endeavors.
Best regards,
Stephanie Johnson

Dear Mr Parry.

I wanted to congratulate you and NAC Property Services on such a splendid job you made of clearing my late Fathers Home in Pencoed the other week, your services really surpassed our expectations. I truthfully do not know what we'd of done without your service! the task before us was just too overwhelming everywhere was stuffed to the gunnels with 'stuff', yet you and your team cleared everything away down to the last speck of dust leaving the house immaculate, even going above and beyond the call of duty and mowing the front lawn which was a most thoughtful and kind gesture. I'll certainly be singing your praises from the roof tops and passing on your Company info to anyone I find who's in need of a truly professional 5 star clearance team. May I on behalf of myself and my family, bid you and your business the utmost success in the future. I have no hesitation in highly recommending you and your Company to the whole of South Wales.

Warm Regards, J. Rhys (London)

Recent Projects.

Below are just a few of our recent projects, on each project page I have given the price that we charged for the clearance, I have also listed the discount I have given for the items with a re-sale value below the images, this is a rough guide but might help you estimate the cost of your clearance and maybe give you an idea of what items may or may not have a re-sale value.